Friday, October 10, 2008

Somebody Loves Me!!!!


Today I received a package in the mail from my parents! YAY!!! Warm clothes, Chocolate chips (A BIG BAG), Ziploc bags, Crisco, German Language software, forwarded Mail, and Candy Corn! WOO HOO!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I immediately made Chocolate Chip Cookies
I wrapped a few in Sahran and took them to the American Women's Club lunch. When everyone declared how delicious they taste, I was excited to announce that they were made with Crisco and Nestle Toll House Morsels sent from my family. Of course with all of the chocolate available here, it seemed rediculous to them that I would ask for chocolate from the U.S. But it makes perfect sense to me! They are the perfect shape, size, texture, flavor... everything... for making Chocolate Chip Cookies. As I settle-in more I'm sure I will experiment with chopping up a chocolate bar or using vegetable shortning available here. But for now, success is mine... and victory is SWEET!!!!

No comments: