Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday's Post about the Weekend

Good Morning everyone! Mike left for Munich this morning at about 7. I went back to bed and woke up to the sound of a Jack-Hammer outside my bedroom window. I really do live in the city.

It rained most of the day Saturday. Mike and I stayed in Basel and stopped by one of the apartments that I looked at this past week. We also went to the Jean Tinguely Museum. Here is a link for you... http://www.tinguely.ch/ He seemed to specialize in assembling found items into moving sculptures. Very interesting stuff.

Sunday we went to Luzern. It is beautiful city on a lake. It rained most of the time we were there... except the sun came out when we were ready to leave. We went to a Picasso Museum... http://www.rosengart.ch/index_e.html this was amazing. The Ms. Rosengart and her father were friends of the artist, and the museum is full of her collection... including several portraits that Picasso created of her! Luzern is a beautiful place but because of the weather, the pictures Mike took of the scenery didn't run out very well. So I am attaching a picture he took of me while we were on the site-seeing cruise on the lake. If you want to learn more about Luzern (also spelled Lucerne) you can go to http://www.luzern.com/en/welcome.cfm. We plan to go back on a day that the weather is better. We also didn't have the right clothes with us for this kind of day. When we get our shipment, things will be easier.

OK, I'm going to IKEA today to look around at furniture. I also need a plastic container to store Orange juice in. Mayo comes in a tube, Milk and OJ come in a cardboard "brick" or bag that you cut open (making it messy to use and store), and granola comes in a bag. Someone warned me that packaging would be different... was it Kathryn or Mari?

Ciao!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sounds like you are settling in a bit. The sightseeing sounds terrific. Still miss you.
Nicole